Friday, January 12, 2018

Bout of Books 21 [Days 5-7 Progress + Finish Line]

Bout of Books

Here is my progress for the last three days of the readathon plus my final thoughts. In the first four days, I've read and finished A Month of Mondays, started The Sun Is Also a Star and Warcross, and read a total of 632 pages. I'm still wanting to average about 100 pages per day, if I can. I know Saturday and Sunday will not be very big reading days.

[DAY 5 PROGRESS]
The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon - started at 65%, ended at 100% (~135 pages)
Warcross by Marie Lu - started at 176, ended at 353 (177 pages)
Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1 - started at 1, DNF'd at 62 (62 pages)
Wonder by RJ Palacio - started at 1, ended at 62 (62 pages)
The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord - started at 0%, ended at 2% (~8 pages)

TOTAL: 444 pages // 3 books finished and 1 book DNF'd

READING UPDATE: I'm now halfway through Warcross and about 2/3rd of the way through The Sun, so I'm really happy about that. I would like to finish at least one of those today. *fingers crossed* // I finished 2 books today and started 3 more. I DNF'd Gossip Girl because it was just not great. So my current reads are Wonder and The Names They Gave Us. Very pleased with my progress so far.
------------------------------------------
[DAY 6 PROGRESS]
Wonder by RJ Palacio - didn't read today
The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord - started at 2%, ended at 23% (~84 pages)
This is What Goodbye Looks Like by Olivia Rivers - started at 0%, ended at 6% (~20 pages)

TOTAL: 104 pages // 3 books finished and 2 books DNF'd

READING UPDATE: I know today will probably be a low page count reading day and that's okay. Lots to do and I don't expect a lot of reading to happen.
------------------------------------------
[DAY 7 PROGRESS]
Wonder by RJ Palacio - started at 62, ended at 70 (8 pages)
This is What Goodbye Looks Like by Olivia Rivers - didn't read today

TOTAL: 8 pages // 3 books finished and 2 books DNF'd

READING UPDATE: I ended up DNFing The Names They Gave Us after making it 23% into the book. I was going to put it down at 10% but wanted to give it a fair chance since it's been so hyped. It just wasn't for me. I started a new Netgalley book instead and I'm enjoying it so far. I know today will be another low page count reading day, but I do hope to read a little of each book :)
------------------------------------------
[FINISH LINE]

TOTAL: 1188 pages // 3 books finished and 2 books DNF'd

FINAL THOUGHTS: I haven't done this well in a readathon or BOB readathon in I don't know how long. I'm so excited at how many pages I have read and even more excited to see 3 books finished. My goal is basically one per week for the whole year and I'm starting off with a bang because I've finished 6 books in 2 weeks. I hope this is indicative of my 2018 reading year because that would be fantastic.

No comments: