Sunday, July 30, 2017

Summer 2017 Biannual Bibliothon [Finish Line]

The Bibliothon has come to an end already. Tonight, there is a live show to discuss the group book, Flame in the Mist by Renee Adhieh at pm EST. Here is how I fared for the 7 reading challenges during the readathon.
  1. GROUP BOOK: I got to page 204 in Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh on the last day of the readathon, but I did finish it first thing this morning!
  2. READ FROM A HOST'S FAVORITE GENRE: I read The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli for Emma's favorite genre: diversity. There is loads of diverse characters in TUoU.
  3. BANNED BOOK: I read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot which was challenged here in Knoxville, my hometown, for its graphic nature.
  4. THROWBACK CHALLENGE: I read Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia for the throwback challenge of reading a book with more than 300 pages. This one had 385 pages.
  5. BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION: I counted The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks for this challenge as well -- and I watched the tv movie starring Oprah. It was FANTASTIC.
  6. READ A BOOK NOT FOUND FROM BOOKTUBE: I doubled up with Eliza and Her Monsters because I had not heard of this book at all prior to receiving it in an Owlcrate box.
  7. LGBTQIA+: Doubled up with The Upside of Unrequited - again loads of diversity. It featured lesbian, gay, bisexual, and pansexual characters.
I finished 3 books for a total of 1235 pages read. I could not be more happy about it.

No comments: