Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Books I Read in August

L.A. Candy (L.A. Candy, #1)Bloodsucking Fiends (A Love Story, #1)Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad - 4 stars (finished 8/6)
The first book in the L.A. Candy trilogy.

I've never seen The Hills, but I have watched my share of reality tv and reality tv-esque shows. This one reminded me a lot of Gossip Girl (haven't read the books, but I have watched the show). I like Jane's character a lot. I'm totally Team Braden. Scarlett, on the other hand, got a little unlikeable as the book went on. I look forward to seeing what happens in the next book. This is a great light read!

Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore - 2 stars (finished 8/14)
The first book in the Love Story trilogy.

It wasn't that this book was poorly written or anything...it's just the plot kind of went no where and the characters were kind of annoying. I'm honestly surprised I even read the whole thing. :/

Sweet Little Lies by Lauren Conrad - 4 stars (finished 8/23)
The second book in the L.A. Candy trilogy.

I really enjoyed the progression of the story. So many characters to despise...it's absolutely like reading a reality tv show. Obviously, I would hope that was the goal of the whole thing since it is ABOUT a reality tv show. Scarlett redeemed herself a little - once she started seeing Liam, she was much less wishy-washy. Jane, on the other hand, come on now, girl! Get your crap together! 

No comments: