Monday, August 17, 2015

Bout of Books 14 [Daily Updates]

Bout of Books

Good morning afternoon, y'all! I've had a bit of a rough start this Monday morning, but I'm ready to get going with the readathon....kind of. It's 2pm and I've been working on multiple things, plus went grocery shopping and I have an hour before it's time to pick the big kids up from school. We have a parent information night tonight though and that means I have to prep dinner before we leave at 6 - and we'll either have to chow down before or after we go. Add Mason being a little clingy (teething is no fun) and I am not sure how much reading I will get done today...but let's hope for the best!

Here is a link to my book list and goals post: here. I'm going low again...read a little every day, finish one book, participate in some challenges. So here we go!

FINAL UPDATE
Books read:
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)Sugar and Spice (L.A. Candy, #3)
Books finished: 1
Pages read: 256
Thoughts: Overall, I am really happy with how much I read. I didn't participate in any challenges unfortunately, but other than that, I met all my goals!

 
SUNDAY 8/23
Currently reading:
Sugar and Spice (L.A. Candy, #3)

Pages read: 0 pages (total: 256 pages)
Books finished: 1
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: Today was a very lazy day in which I took a very long and needed nap. :)

SATURDAY 8/22
Currently reading:
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)
Pages read: 95 pages (total: 256 pages)
Books finished: 1
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: As expected, Friday was a no-reading day for me. But I totally made up for that on Saturday evening. I had trouble falling asleep, so I read and I easily finished Sweet Little Lies. Go me! I hope to make a big dent in the third book (final in the trilogy) for the last day of the readathon.

FRIDAY 8/21
Currently reading:
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)
Pages read: 0 pages (total: 161 pages)
Books finished: 0
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: Found out the repair tech for our area is out of town, so I set up a new appointment for next week. But this means I have to go back over to use the dryer at my mom-in-law's house. OY VEY. So I'm going to pick up the kids from school, go to get allergy shots for Matt & I, run back to the house and pick up clothes and possibly dinner supplies, and then run to her house to do laundry. Let's hope I can read somewhere in there. I am almost done with this book, which is exciting :)

THURSDAY 8/20
Currently reading:
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)
Pages read: 33 pages (total: 161 pages)
Books finished: 0
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: I hosted my first BOB challenge and I was blown away by the excitement and participation. Thanks, everyone for playing MASH. I need to finish replying to all the comments! I also went back over to my mom-in-law's and cleaned for another hour. It was a busy day once again. The Samsung repair tech didn't call or show up though :/


WEDNESDAY 8/19
Currently reading:
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)
Pages read: 85 pages (total: 128 pages)
Books finished: 0
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: Regardless of the VERY busy day I had again...I read a ton :) Go me! I ended up going over to my mom in law's to finish laundry (had to rewash before drying)...and while there, spent a better part of 2 hours cleaning the house before she got home from her mini vacation. Add in a baby man who wanted to not sleep from 12 to 5...that's hard. He needed at least one nap in there.

TUESDAY 8/18
Currently reading:
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)
Pages read: 7 pages (total: 43 pages)
Books finished: 0
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: Had an even busier day...I decided to be ambitious and made ice cream and baby food. I threw in a load of laundry plus the sheets...only to find out my dryer is no longer working - it isn't drying. UGH. Plus Nick brought home a stray - soldier, that is. He's doing annual drill and a soldier didn't have a place to stay or food to eat for the night, so he stayed at our house and we fed him.

MONDAY 8/17
Currently reading:
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2)
Pages read: 36 pages (total: 36 pages)
Books finished: 0
Challenge: n/a
Thoughts: Starting point: 22% - I was surprised that I read as much as I did. I went grocery shopping and we had a parent information night right at 6pm. I made dinner earlier because of that and we didn't get home until 7:30. Very busy.


No comments: