Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pride & Popularity [Book Review]

Stats:
#1 in The Jane Austen Diaries series
Paperback, 240 pages
Published July 13th 2011 by Inkberry Press/Brigham Distributing (first published May 7th 2011)
ISBN: 0983829306Find on Goodreads




Synopsis:
Chloe Elizabeth Hart despises the conceited antics of the popular crowd, or more importantly, one very annoying self-possessed guy, Taylor Anderson, who seems determined to make her the president of his fan club! As if! Every girl in the whole city of Farmington, New Mexico, is in love with him, but he seems to be only interested in Chloe.

This modern high school adaptation of “Pride and Prejudice” is a battle of wits as Chloe desperately tries to remain the only girl who can avoid the inevitable—falling for Taylor.



My Thoughts:
Here's the scoop: I've attempted to read Jane Austen anything quite a few times...and it makes me fall asleep. Call me uncivilized or dumb, but there is something about novels written in the Georgian/Victorian era that just makes me snooze. Maybe it's how drawn out the stories are, maybe it's just because it's romance and that's not my genre, no matter what era it's written in. So I can't compare this book to Jane Austen's original story. I don't know how they compare.

What I can say about this book though is that it's a really light, superficial read that you could breeze through in no time at all. It's not deep...it's not life-changing...but it's a good beach read. I'm definitely continuing the series...I don't see a reason not to. Sometimes it's nice to have a book that you don't have to necessarily think to read.

 Linking up at Saturday Situation

No comments: