Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Opal [Book Review]


Stats:
#3 in Lux series
Kindle Edition, 452 pages
Published December 3rd 2012 by Entangled Publishing
ASIN: B00AAH7Y5C
Find on Goodreads



Synopsis:
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.



My Thoughts:
[Dawson] is back and he wants to save [Beth]. Opal is a very emotional book and it starts from the very beginning and goes to the very end. It's hard to write up a review without many spoilers. The book is basically training to get in and save [Beth and Blake's link, Chris] with the help of Blake. Katy's mom's boyfriend, Will, disappeared after Onyx, but remains a constant, annoying presence in Opal. He starts revealing things to Katy's mom - you just want to wring his neck!!

Just when you think the book has hit its highest, most exciting point...it keeps going!

The ending was absolutely world shattering. JLA knows how to get you emotionally invested and never want the story to end. I have Obsidian, but I've yet to make time to read it, which really is a shame. 

Linking up at Saturday Situation

No comments: