Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Best Sequels Ever


Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)Opal (Lux, #3)The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)Shutdown (Glitch, #3)Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)

  1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth: Most of the time in trilogies, the second book sucks really hard, but Veronica Roth is a genius author goddess and Insurgent was even better than Divergent. I can't wait for Allegiant.
  2. Dare You To by Katie McGarry: I'm not a huge fan of contemporary, but McGarry is making me eat my words! Pushing the Limits was amazing. I loved Echo and Noah, but when it came to Beth and Ryan...they just can't be beat. Although I have a feeling Isaiah's story will be my next favorite. Again with another author whose books get better and better.
  3. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi: Despite Juliette's whininess throughout the book, Unravel Me is an amazing sequel because you get Kenji...a lot of Kenji. I also understood why everyone was so Team Warner - and yup...I'm Team Warner now too. Mafi made me cry towards the end of this book...my whole world was shattered.
  4. A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin: I'm only about a quarter of the way into Feast for Crows and obviously haven't read Dance with Dragons, however, #3 is probably always going to be my favorite book of the saga. It has just the right amount of characters, all the best stuff happens in this one. I'm so excited for Season 4 because shit is about to go DOWN!
  5. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Another really emotional sequel for me and I have Origin, I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'm currently catching up on NetGalley books. What I really love about Opal is that there are like 3 big events instead of just one at the end of the book. You're like "WOAHHHHH...okay now stuff is going to wrap up...OH NO...okay that's the worst that can happen....*HEARTBREAK*"
  6. Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan: Grover in a wedding dress. That's about all I need to say here. Okay maybe not. I loved the 3 sisters, I loved Tyson, I loved Grover in a wedding dress. Hermes is awesome. These characters are just the best and the story is hilarious and hard to put down.
  7. Shutdown by Heather Anastasiu: I can't really do spoilers, but Override and Shutdown are both so incredibly action-packed. I did a lot of breath-holding while reading them. I think Anastasiu and the Glitch trilogy are forgotten and underhyped when they really should be up there with the other super powerhouse YA series that ARE hyped up right now.
  8. Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward: Oh, Z. I've read all the books that have been published in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, but Z remains my favorite brother and story out of all of them. Such a tortured soul. *sigh*
  9. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: I hated Mockingjay, so I like to go back in time to a killer book in the trilogy and pretend the trilogy ended differently. They had to go back. AHHHH! Never in a million years would I have thought that after reading the first. The stadium is crazy. Just insanity.
  10. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Although I've read all 7 books, POA remains my favorite. Each time I read it, I love it more. Sirius - all the FEELS. I love how Crookshanks takes a little more spotlight in this book. LUPIN!! HOGSMEADE!!! It's just the best.

No comments: