Monday, August 19, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 Readathon [Daily Updates]

Bout of Books

Stop by this post to see my goals and book list for this readathon. It's my 5th time participating! I signed up and this go-around it means I'm a...

I hope to be a really good cheerleader for everyone participating :3

Monday:
Currently Reading:
Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)

Pages Read: 272 (Ten) + 1 (Eleven) | Total: 273
Books Finished: 1
Challenge: Pairathon @ Book Pairing - my tweet. Bookish Bucket List @ Sarah Says Read - my comment.
Notes: 10AM And we're off! I read a chapter in bed last night and I'm going to read now instead of sit at my computer :) 6PM Just finished my first book of the 'thon 8PM Kids are in bed and now I'm freeeeeee to read without distraction, but first I'm headed to the goal linky to visit 10 bloggers and comment on their posts. Goals: 273/174 pages read daily; 1/4 books read; 2/3 challenges done; 1/1 Twitter chat.




Tuesday:
Currently Reading:
Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
Pages Read: 320 (Eleven) + 12 (Is Everyone) | Total: 332 pages
Books Finished: 2
Challenge: Not participating today.
Notes: 9AM Going to try and read a bunch today. We're going to the library later on too. I have a box of books to donate and going to see what all they have for checking out. 10PM I have 12 tabs open with blog posts I'll be commenting on from today's linky. I've been really tired today, but managed to read a lot. Goals: 332/174 pages read daily; 2/4 books read; 2/3 challenges done; 1/1 Twitter chat.


Wednesday:
Currently Reading:
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
Pages Read: 95 (Is Everyone)  | Total: 95 pages
Books Finished: 2
Challenge: TBR Pile challenge @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl: my comment.
Notes: 10AM Tried to go to bed earlier last night and ended up tossing and turning :/ Hoping to finish Kaling's book today and make a dent in whatever book I choose next. 12AM (Thurs) Fail day today :( Goals: 95/174 pages read daily; 2/4 books read; 3/3 challenges done; 1/1 Twitter chat.


Thursday:
Currently Reading:
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)Cinnamon Roll MurderDuplicity (Spellbound #2)
Pages Read: 137 (Is Everyone) + 10 (Cinnamon) + 20 (Duplicity) | Total: 167 pages
Books Finished: 3
Challenge: Book Road Trip Challenge @ In Wonderland:

Mine are all sight-seeing stuff...I've road tripped plenty and visited 21 states, lived in 4. But I've never been out West and I'd love to!
1. Washington (A bestie and Mt. Rainer): Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
2. California (I'd love to see the Golden Gate bridge): Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
3. Wyoming (Yellowstone National Park! YES!): Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
4. Arizona (Grand Canyon - it'd be so cool to see this): The Host by Stephenie Meyer
5. Colorado (I have heard it's so gorgeous there.): A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
6. South Dakota (I've been, but I want to go back to see Mt. Rushmore): By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder
7. Texas (Gourdough's...that's my whole reason for wanting to go): My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent

Notes: 4PM I'm trying to do some reading in the midst of a dentist appt, BK for lunch, and painting nails (mine and my daughter's). 8PM Finished Kaling's book and starting my next read. But first I'm off to visit 20 blogs and comment since I didn't yesterday. 12AM (Fri) Just slightly under my daily page goal, but I think these two books will go by quickly. Goals: 167/174 pages read daily; 3/4 books read; 3/3 challenges done; 1/1 Twitter chat.


Friday:
Currently Reading:
Cinnamon Roll MurderDuplicity (Spellbound #2)
Pages Read: 1 (Cinnamon) + 60 (Duplicity) | Total: 61 pages
Books Finished: 3
Challenge: Didn't participate today.
Notes: 12AM (Sat) I got a little caught up today in catching up on SYTYCD and True Blood, playing Pokemon, and then spent most of my afternoon/evening baking cupcakes, cooking dinner, and cleaning the kitchen and living room. 2 more days and I'm hoping to finish both these books. I'm going to go ahead and visit about 15 bloggers from day 5 linky right now though :) Goals: 61/174 pages read daily; 3/4 books read; 3/3 challenges done; 1/1 Twitter chat.


Saturday:
Currently Reading:
Cinnamon Roll MurderDuplicity (Spellbound #2)
Pages Read: 75 (Cinnamon) + 35 (Duplicity) | Total: 110 pages
Books Finished: 3
Challenge: Bookish Wishes @ Kelsey's Cluttered Bookshelf: my comment.
Notes: 1PM I've not read any since I woke up. I've been cleaning and talking to my deployed hubby. Hopefully I can sit down and read later on. I did join in the Twitter chat today. 12AM (Sun) I'm gonna visit a ton of blogs tomorrow. I read for a few hours before our friends came over - they are moving soon so we wanted to spend time with them. I read some of Cinnamon and exercised and showered, read some more...and then made my grocery list for tomorrow...today. Tomorrow I want to at least finish ONE of these books. I haven't read as much as I normally do for the readathons, but I also have been in a rut lately and reading more than I have been. I AM going to be reading in bed. Goals: 110/174 pages read daily; 3/4 books read; 3/3 challenges done; 1/1 Twitter chat.


Sunday:
Currently Reading:
Cinnamon Roll MurderDuplicity (Spellbound #2)
Pages Read: 260 (Cinnamon) + 45 (Duplicity) | Total: 305 pages
Books Finished: 4
Challenge: Didn't participate today.
Notes: 12AM Starting points: p.87 (Cinnamon) and 46% (Duplicity) 11AM Just got back from grocery shopping. Gonna start reading soon. 10PM Just finished my 4th book! w00t. I'm gonna work on Duplicity in the last 2ish hours and see how much of it I can read. Goals: 305/174 pages read daily; 4/4 books read; 3/3 challenges done; 1/1 Twitter chat.
------------------------------------------
Finishing Line:
Total pages read: 1070
Books read & finished:
Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)Cinnamon Roll Murder

Final thoughts: I didn't meet my daily page goal each day, but I did finish 4 books, participate in 3 challenges, and participate in 1 Twitter chat (and then some for the challenges and chat). I also did way better at visiting bloggers and still plan on visiting a few here in the next day or so. Overall a very successful week of reading! :)

hoo hoo!

No comments: