Monday, June 4, 2012

House of Night: Legacy [Review]

Stats: 
132 pages [Paperback]
To Be Published 17 July 2012 by Dark Horse Comics (NetGalley says 4 July, but Amazon and B&N say 17 July)
ISBN:  1595829628
[Amazon::Barnes&Noble]


Synopsis:
The magical world of New York Times best-selling authors P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast comes to comics!

Until recently, Zoey Redbird was an average high-school student worrying about grades, boys, and breakouts. But priorities have a way of changing when you are Marked as a vampyre, enroll in the vampyre academy House of Night, and have to figure out a whole new social hierarchy, affinities for elemental magic, and physiological changes that make you crave blood



My Thoughts:
I have House of Night series on my reading schedule this year for the fall, but after reading through this graphic novel, I want to read them...yesterday!

This graphic novel goes through Zoey's struggle to take over leadership of the Dark Daughters. The Goddess Nyx has given Zoey five lessons to learn through use of each element: earth, air, water, fire, and spirit. With the help of her friends, Stevie Rae, Erin, Damien, and Shaunee, Zoey is able to learn her lessons and become leader.

I loved each tale that went with each element. In particular, I loved the Freya story for earth because it was about Norway and the story for water that incorporated some of Homer's tale about Odysseus and Circe.

The artwork was stunning - I loved how each character looked. I loved the colors and especially the pictures in between each "book".

Thanks to Dark Horse Comics and NetGalley for letting me get a preview of this novel. I definitely need to get it on my shelf!



Previous Review:

Escaping Titanic by Marybeth Lorbeicki {here}

No comments: