Thursday, February 23, 2012

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging [Review]

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)

Stats:
#1 in series
267 pages [Paperback]
Published 24 June 1999


Synopsis:
There are six things very wrong with my life:

1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.

2. It is on my nose

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.

4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.

5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.

6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.


In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!"


My Thoughts:
This is a good light read. I'll have to admit, I found it more amusing when I was in middle school. It still wasn't a bad read though :)

Previous Review:
Sugar Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke {here}

[Counts toward my TBR Pile challenge: here]

Linked up at...

3 comments:

Emily @ Emmy June said...

I had friends who read this in middle school and LOVED it. The synopsis sounds pretty though, even as an adult :)

Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

That does sound like a fun YA read! :)

Shoshanah said...

I definitely read this one growing up too. I love that you went back and reread, and it definitely makes me want to go back and do the same.