Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fall Into Reading 2011: Wrap Up

Today is the wrap up for the Fall Into Reading 2011 challenge that ran from Sept 23 to Dec 21. This was my first reading challenge to participate in outside of the awesome ones we did in elementary school.

I should've known I wouldn't finish all the books, I finished 4 out of 20. I did read 2 book club books in the middle of that - they were separate off the list. I haven't been reading hardly at all though. My husband got home from deployment on the 6th of October and everything for me that I was used to doing to kill the alone time I had after the kids went to bed was put on the back burner. Then the holidays and planning the holidays got the best of me. I have already signed up for at least 2 challenges for 2012 (2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge & 2012 YA Reading Challenge) and I have an actual reading schedule typed up so that I am actually reading a bunch of books I want to read. I'm nearly at 900 books on my to-read list.

I read:
My book club books were:
I'm currently reading
  • Lemon Meringue Pie by Joanne Fluke
  • The True Story of Hansel & Gretel by Louise Murphy (book club pick)

I've actually loved all the books I've read, especially the murder mystery books, which is a new genre for me. My book club books were ones I normally wouldn't read and they turned out to be great. I'm really excited to get in a reading frenzy in 2012! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a good idea to write out a list of books to-read. I should do that and pick my top choices from my wish list and shelves. I will be checking out your 2012 list now!

Merry Christmas,
Amy @ Missional Mama

april said...

I've listened to a couple of the Fluke books on long drives, and they are fun. I read Bossypants this season too, and I wasn't really impressed. Happy Reading!

Wiz said...

Love that you have a long list as well! I have over 700 on my list. I wonder if I will ever finish! But its helpful to keep track so I dont forget