Wednesday, October 5, 2011

FIR '11 - Reading Question #2



If you haven't seen my list...please go check it out: HERE.
It's Wednesday again :) Time for another question from Katrina...Today she asked...
How often do you re-read books? What does it take to make you re-read?
When I was younger, I reread books all the time. I can't count how many times I've read Charlotte's Web, Animorphs, Little House on the Prairie, A Child Called It, etc. But as an adult, I find myself rereading books less and less. I currently have 641 books on my to-read list on Goodreads. Some are going to be rereads...but I'd say 90% are new reads. Every day I add more books to that list.

Now I do reread books if a new book has come out in the series and it's been a while since I've read the series. Like the Southern Vampire Mystery (better known as Sookie Stackhouse) books...I've read them 3 or 4 times now. I had to reread Harry Potter because although the 7th book came out in 2007, I never got around to reading it all the way through and I wanted to see the 6th and 7th movies. I hope one day to reread my favorite books...that's usually what motivates me to reread books. They have to be good.

2 comments:

Shonya said...

I hear what you are saying with so many books to read (although the number on your list--WOW!), but I still love to re-read a book when, yes, it's REALLY GOOD! http://learninghowmuchidontknow.blogspot.com/2011/10/chewing-my-cud.html

Wiz said...

I have about 500 books on my list and keep adding as well. There are just so many good books out there!